The Stackdriver agent is currently built for distributions derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux (CentOS, Scientific Linux) 7.x, 6.x and 5.x. If you need a different RPM based distribution, please let us know what distribution you are running so that we can work on adding support for it.
The agent is distributed as an RPM from a yum repository. You can install it by running the following as root
- For EL7: curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/stackdriver.repo https://repo.stackdriver.com/stackdriver-el7.repo
- For EL6: curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/stackdriver.repo https://repo.stackdriver.com/stackdriver-el6.repo
- For EL5: curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/stackdriver.repo https://repo.stackdriver.com/stackdriver-el5.repo
- yum install stackdriver-agent
- /opt/stackdriver/stack-config --api-key STACKDRIVER_API_KEY where STACKDRIVER_API_KEY is an api key from your stackdriver account