Steps Involved to Migrate to Google Stackdriver:
1. Sign up for your new account. Once completed, your account will be placed into a 30-day Premium trial.
- For more information on accounts in Google Stackdriver, click here.
- For detailed account configuration instructions check out our guide.
3. Reinstall monitoring agents.
- You can run the Google Stackdriver and Legacy Stackdriver agents simultaneously with no downtime.
- NOTE: Please ensure that your private key corresponds to the service account from your AWS account connection, otherwise your alerts and charts may not function properly. For more information or to help troubleshoot click here.
- Our new custom metrics API includes the addition of labels and metric descriptors and therefore requires reformatting in order for old style custom metrics to fit the new schema.
6. Contact Stackdriver migration team for assistance with moving Groups, Dashboards and Alerts over to the new app.
7. Create your new billing account in GCP. If you qualify for migration incentives, this step is required in order to provide you with credits and Cloud Support access.
- As long as your account is in a trial state, you will not be billed for Google Stackdriver usage.
- Once the trial is up you may be entitled to 6 months of GCP credits to cover to cover your Stackdriver costs.
- NOTE: you should NOT upgrade to a premium stackdriver account until you've applied these billing credits or else you will be charged for service.
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or check out our FAQ/Support page for more info.