Stackdriver requires credentials to be able to monitor your cloud environment. Here are the steps to create third party keys through Amazon's AWS dashboard.
- Login to the Roles section of the AWS IAM console
- Click the Create New Role button
- Enter Stackdriver as the Role Name and click continue
- Select the Roles for Cross-Account Access option
- Select the Provide access to a 3rd party AWS account option
- Enter 314658760392 as the Account ID
- Enter the code in your setup page ("SD-XX") as the External ID
- Select read only access from the policy template list
- Click continue on the edit permissions screen
- Click Create Role
- You should now see the new Stackdriver role in your roles list. Select it and click on the Summary tab
- Copy the Role ARN value
- On the Stackdriver setup page, give your credentials a descriptive name and paste the Role ARN into the second input box
- Save your changes
Your AWS data will be available in less than 10 minutes.